Here’s a basic smoothie recipe that can by adjusted for basically any type of green. This recipe is quick to make and tastes great. Wash and prepare the fruits and greens. Then start with chopping up the pear and banana and put them in the blender along with the blueberries. Add the water, add chia seeds and hemp protein powder. Blend the fruit and powders for a few moments, then add in the greens, blend until smooth. Add more water as needed.
- 1 Pear
- 1 Banana
- 2 small handfuls of frozen blueberries
- 8 to 16oz of water (enough to ensure things blend smoothly, add more depending on desired thickness)
- 1 – 2 Tbs of Chia seeds or hemp seeds
- 1 – 2 Tbs of any other supplements / powders (like hemp protein powder, spirulina or Green Food Feast)
- 1 handful / grab of dandelion greens (about 1/2 to 1/3 of the bunch depending on the size)