Check out this simple lentils, mushrooms and veggies dinner recipe. Nothing fancy – just tasty hearty ingredients….
- 1 c. uncooked lentils
- 1 (8 oz) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini or yellow squash, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cook lentils (2 cups water to 1 cup lentils). In a large saute pan, saute veggies to desired tenderness while lentils are cooking. Make sauce according to recipe directions… Once lentils are complete add lentils and sauce and enjoy!