For the past year or so I’ve enjoyed starting mornings with warm lemon water. Drinking warm lemon water is part of a number of different detox programs in addition to being good for you in general.
This “recipe” makes two cups with one lemon. Squeeze out all the juice and as much pulp as you like. Adding a little ground cayenne pepper gives the drink a nice kick.
- Heat water in a tea pot on the stove. On an electric stove I set the heat to around 4 for hot, but not boiling water.
- Let water heat for a 5 to 10 minutes.
- While the water is heating, wash and slice a lemon in half. (To aid in squeezing the juice out it’s helpful to roll / press the lemon on a cutting board.)
- Squeeze juice from 1/2 of the sliced lemon into a cup. If you like the pulp squeeze / press that out as well. If you like cayenne, add a pinch.
- Once water is heated, pour in your cup.
- Sip and enjoy.
A few benefits of drinking warm lemon water
- Generally good for overall health and body function
- Aids digestion
- Boosts immune system (vitamin C)
- Reduces heart burn
- Balances PH by reducing your overall acidity
- And here is another blog post with more information about the benefits of drinking warm lemon water.