Stir fry’s are great, simple, and fairly quick to prepare. We had zucchini and mushrooms in the fridge that needed to be used and this simple stir fry recipe was born.
- 2 tsp coconut oil, divided
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 block of tofu
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- ~1 cup crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into thin circles
- A couple small carrots cut into circles
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 – 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup brown rice
Basically just start out sauteing the tofu for a while until it’s slightly browned on most sides. Add the carrots, mushrooms and zucchini and saute more. Add the garlic and ginger and saute a little while longer. Once rice is done cooking, add it to the to the frying pan. Mix / add the sauce, saute a few minutes longer and enjoy. This was also tasty with an avocado on top.